
I got this little guy on Canal Street in NYC last year. I was bartering with lady on the price and when I told her $5 she laughed at me, hard. I thought it was a reasonable price, just sayin'. Needless to say, I walked away with only $10 out of my pocket and I'm sure she made 200% profit but the only thing that mattered was that we both felt like we were walking away with a deal.
Today I went for a run and pushed myself really hard. I took 2 1/2 minutes off of my usual run time, which doesn't sound like a lot, but was a lot for me. I got home, completely out of breathe, exhausted, proud of myself for pushing hard through the whole run only to glance down at my heart rate monitor to find that I had burned 80 less calories than usual! What the devil? Well, a little google searching reminded me that optimal calorie burning is a little lower of a heart rate, 153 is my optimal heart rate to be exact.
I also came back from my run with tan lines on my arms. I have been noticing for the past week that I have a tan line from the heart monitor and I have lines on my feet from my running shoes. Today was the first day that it only took 27.5 minutes to be precise to get a new tan line. I'm thinking I should invest in some sunscreen.
According to my trusty, rusty Garmin Forerunner, which I love with all my heart, I ran 39.2 miles this last month. I'm going to try and beat that next month since I'm definitely not planning on being sick for a good week in March.























2 comments:
Love the effect of your pic! I love big rings too!
So jealous your going to Miami, love South Beach!
Have a wonderful weekend!
xo
gi gi
Cool pic, Did you take it on your mac? I missed this week, too much craziness going on, but I plan to do the childhood toy.. Talk to you soon!
Post a Comment