Welcome

Why Don't you Stay a While?

My Favs....

True Grit
Stolen: A letter to my captor
The Hunger Games
She's Come Undone
Cutting for Stone
Me Talk Pretty One Day
A Prayer for Owen Meany
Water for Elephants
To Kill a Mockingbird
One Hundred Years of Solitude
A Wrinkle in Time
The Poisonwood Bible
Life of Pi
The Hound of the Baskervilles
Les Miserables
Dracula
The Glass Castle
I Am Legend
The Time Travelers Wife


Michelle's favorite books »
}

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

My Favorite Pens in the Whole Wide World

I am VERY particular about my pens. I have found that if I have just the right pen, I can think better, work longer and doodle far better than if I use just any old pen. My pen of choice is Pilot G2, but as the years have gone by, I have become even more particular about the size of the ink, I am an ultra fine fan. Yep, for those in the know, that means .38.

A few years ago I learned that the .38 was on the market and I began my quest to find it in green. Somehow the color green helps aid the cognitive juices when I'm working through a particularly hard problem at work. I couldn't find it anywhere, until I learned about jetpens They had the .38 pens in red, black, blue and green! I bought a boatload and have hoarded them for two years. Unfortunately, I am almost out and it has been a source of stress for me. I cannot be without my pens, this is important! I spent a night last week calling office depots and staples from Ogden to American Fork. No one and I mean no one carries this size.

Never fear, this weekend Brandon and I stopped by the Tempe Marketplace and lo and behold they have an Office Depot or an Office Max, I can't remember the difference. But, more importantly, guess what they had? Cue angels singing and lights coming down....


They had my pens and a combo pack to boot! Believe I stocked up, took note of their inventory and waltzed my way out with the knowledge that I can come back anytime to get more of my favorite pens.

2 comments:

Dawn said...

Uni-Ball Vision Needle .5mm Blue. No other will do for me. I had a customer take one and I had to restrain myself from leaping over the desk and tackling her. The only consolation I had was that it was almost out of ink and I had just bought myself a big stash for the future. If that would have been my last one, she would not have lived to use that pen!

Breanne Garcia said...

Lol. I love that you have favorite pens. By the way, I really like reading your blog :)