Welcome

Why Don't you Stay a While?

My Favs....

True Grit
Stolen: A letter to my captor
The Hunger Games
She's Come Undone
Cutting for Stone
Me Talk Pretty One Day
A Prayer for Owen Meany
Water for Elephants
To Kill a Mockingbird
One Hundred Years of Solitude
A Wrinkle in Time
The Poisonwood Bible
Life of Pi
The Hound of the Baskervilles
Les Miserables
Dracula
The Glass Castle
I Am Legend
The Time Travelers Wife


Michelle's favorite books »
}

Saturday, August 9, 2008

Crochet Pattern

A couple of years ago I decided that I wanted to learn how to crochet. I still am sad that I didn't pick up on it a year earlier because my great grandma was an amazing "crochet artist." She would make us everything from sweaters to beanies, to afghans and slippers. After she died, my mom inherited one of the amazing tablecloths that she made. It is one of the coolest patterns that I have ever seen and have since been searching for a pattern to make one just as cool for myself. Unfortunately, it seems that not too many people are making these kinds of decorative tablecloths anymore. I have searched the Internet, looked at blogs, subscribed to e-mail newsletters, tried to buy patterns, but I am still left empty handed because no one seems to know where my great grandma's patterns went...I think that they were made up in her head........my plea is that someone else has a grandma or someone that they know who has a pattern or something like it. I cannot find anything and I have been searching for almost a year now. And YES I do realize that crocheting went out of style about 50 years ago.

0 comments: