Welcome

Why Don't you Stay a While?

My Favs....

True Grit
Stolen: A letter to my captor
The Hunger Games
She's Come Undone
Cutting for Stone
Me Talk Pretty One Day
A Prayer for Owen Meany
Water for Elephants
To Kill a Mockingbird
One Hundred Years of Solitude
A Wrinkle in Time
The Poisonwood Bible
Life of Pi
The Hound of the Baskervilles
Les Miserables
Dracula
The Glass Castle
I Am Legend
The Time Travelers Wife


Michelle's favorite books »
}

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Great Halloween Movies

Halloween is such a great time, seriously almost better than Christmas...almost. Every Halloween I try to take some time to watch Halloween movies, enjoy some Halloween candy and read some Halloween-ish books.

So far I have finished some of the great Edgar Allen Poe works...The Raven anyone?? I downloaded The Shining last weekend and plan on diving in when I finish my current book and I watch the original Fright Night.

I swear, I swear, I swear I have seen this movie before, however as I watched it and the few shots of bare chested women in the movie I questioned whether this would have been shown at my parent's house or the neighbors but I guess you never know what I could have watched across the street at the Ransom's while the parents were out.

The special effects you ask? Awesome.


Fright Night

The story line? Great, it even includes teenage, angsty love.


Chris Sarandon

And of a course a vampire that moves in next door that is both handsome and charming to the ladies. Apparently the ladies are quite beguiled anytime a vampire is in the midst.

All in all, it was an enjoyable jaunt back to the 80's and it made me want to watch a few more, so here's my list of movies that I'll be watching this Halloween season:

1.) Nightmare Before Christmas: The best show ever. I can check this off of the list. I watched this with my parents the Saturday before I left Utah. We celebrated a Jack Skellington extravaganza.
2.) Fright Night: The 2011 version
3.) Beetlejuice
4.) Hocus Pocus: This may a hard sell for Brandon
5.) The Shining: This depends completely upon whether I finish the book this month.

Now I will leave you with my favorite shirt, if I could wear it to church, I would.

2 comments:

Breanne Garcia said...

I knew right when I saw the title of your post that you would include the nightmare before christmas! lol

Kenzie said...

OH nice shirt, and I love Halloween to, its just fun!!! Hope everything is going well for you!