Welcome

Why Don't you Stay a While?

My Favs....

True Grit
Stolen: A letter to my captor
The Hunger Games
She's Come Undone
Cutting for Stone
Me Talk Pretty One Day
A Prayer for Owen Meany
Water for Elephants
To Kill a Mockingbird
One Hundred Years of Solitude
A Wrinkle in Time
The Poisonwood Bible
Life of Pi
The Hound of the Baskervilles
Les Miserables
Dracula
The Glass Castle
I Am Legend
The Time Travelers Wife


Michelle's favorite books »
}

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Secrist Gardens

I had the best time this weekend getting plants to put in my yard. Brando and I picked up his mom in the Danger Ranger and drove up to Brigham City to get ourselves as many plants as the truck would hold. My mother-in-law knew about this lady that grows her plants in Bear Lake and then brings them down to sell from her backyard in Brigham City. I left with over 30 plants and I didn't duplicate anything. The lady has seriously got a ton of plants.

Photobucket

Photobucket

The best part? She's super duper affordable. I don't know of anyone in Salt Lake that does something like this...if anyone knows, fill me in 'cuz I would definitely head over there instead of an hour and fifteen minute drive.

Photobucket

I fully intend on going back mid-May to get myself a few more before she heads back up to Bear Lake in June.

She has a list of her inventory here:  http://www.secristgardens.com/ in case you're like myself and making a trek up there.

Then, we got to come home and plant everything. It was supposed to be a "garden extravaganza" weekend, but instead I was obsessed with plants.

Photobucket

We filled up the entire portion of the new flower bed. I tried to keep some space left over for some of the annuals I bought last week and am still babying by keeping them in the house at night...I'm not so sure there will be room.

Photobucket

We may have gone a little overboard. Especially since these are all perennials and I made sure to choose ones that were known to reseed like crazy. I'm going for the jungle look, we'll see if its a little too overwhelming. I did try to keep all of the tags next to the plants so that I can refer to them later. It just might come in handy.

On Sunday afternoon I was taking a nap and starting talking in my sleep to Brandon. Most of it was gibberish but he was able to make and have me repeat that "I was just going to take a short little nap and then I was going to go out and spend time with my plants." Ha ha ha ha ha, oh boy, hopefully they all live or else I might have some attachment issues.

2 comments:

Kitty Deschanel said...

Hubby would love this place! He has decided to be a "real gardener" this year...not quite sure how a few potted plants inside and a tiny vegetable garden outside accomplish this, but it keeps him busy :)

Michelle said...

Oh Lambaround good for your hubby! I'm impressed.