My brother-in-law bought Rock Band and Brandon and I went up to try our hand at it. I was nervous before we got there, what if I wasn't good? Rest assured, I am not good, not good at all. But, I found that the game is a blast. My weapon of choice?? Drums. The instrument my band mates will not let me get a hold of again? The microphone. Ha ha! Who would have though that it would be so hard to actually sing a song? I could have warned everyone of the dangers of me singing and trying to actually be good at it, I don't even sing at church. I leave that for people who have at least half a decent voice or the desire to just belt it out and not care what other people thin, I fall into neither of the aforementioned categories. So, when the microphone was passed to me I knew there was going to be trouble and sure enough, about a minute and half into a Beastie Boys song we failed, due to the fact that I had no idea what in the crap I was singing. Who knows Beastie Boys songs? Well, other than the neighbor who still belts out "You've Got a Right" every once and a while for my brothers and parents....no one I can think of.
But the drums......those drums, they were fabulous. I am not good at the drums either, in fact everyone else was rocking out on hard or expert or at least medium..I was keeping a steady pace at easy. I'm not ashamed of staying on easy, hey it got us enough star power to get a new bus for the groupies!
All in all, I would recommend Rock Band to anyone, just make sure you have a couple of hours to devote to it, otherwise you'll feel like you were misled.























3 comments:
You have just met yet another person who knows Beastie Boys songs..ME! I actually have one of there CD's hehe. 80's Michelle 80's! Love it! Haven't listened to their songs for about 5 years now though haha. That game sounds so much fun though!
Oh Codee, I had forgotten that you love the 80's, how could I forget that Halloween that went to that party in the airplane hangar??? If I remember correctly you were an 80's girl! Well, then I need to brush up on my stinking 80's music because that was the song I failed on!
Haha that was a fun night, I remember Alisa and I spent weeks coming up with stuff for those costumes.. I failed to mention that I only have their 80's album they have a lot of other ones that are more new that I don't know anything about :)
Post a Comment